Regional Cattle Auction Reports for Friday/Saturday, June 7th & 8th

Posted weekly on Monday

North Central

Ft. Pierre Livestock Auction - Ft. Pierre SD
                            This Week   Last Reported   Last Year
Total Receipts:      8,309              2,632                0
Compared to last week: Much larger offering this week making a meaningful price comparison difficult. Quality was outstanding. Good demand for these long strings of light fleshed yearlings offered in full loads and multiple load lots as well as for the loads and part loads of light fleshed fall calves. As the flesh condition was so attractive on these yearlings and calves the market was very active with many buyers on the seats actively bidding. The vast majority of the fall calves were weaned 45-60 days and have simply been turned out on grass leaving them in a very attractive flesh for the cattle feeder, the market was the most active on these cattle as there are simply more options to these cattle compared to a big yearling that has to go to a finishing yard.
Torrington Livestock Commission - Torrington WY
                           This Week   Last Reported   Last Year
Total Receipts:   1,119                865                    0
Compared to last week, cows sold unevenly steady with a few instances of 1.00 higher. Bulls sold steady to 2.00 higher on comparable trades. Supply included: 33% Feeder Cattle (33% Steers, 67% Heifers); 56% Slaughter Cattle (89% Cows, 11% Bulls); 11% Replacement Cattle (100% Stock Cows). Feeder cattle supply over 600 lbs was 77%.
   

South Central

Cattleman's Livestock Auction - Dalhart TX
                     This Week   Last Reported
Total Receipts:   836                  1,185
Compared to last week: Feeder steers and heifers not well tested, however a firmer undertone was noted. Slaughter cows and bulls firm to 2.00 higher. Trade activity was light on moderate demand. Local pastures continued to receive good rainfall on the week. Supply included: 58% Feeder Cattle (36% Steers, 64% Heifers); 42% Slaughter Cattle (98% Cows, 2% Bulls). Feeder cattle supply over 600 lbs was 78%.
  

Midwest

Smith County Commission - Carthage TN
                          This Week   Last Reported   Last Year
Total Receipts:     873                 1,038                0
Compared to same sale last week, Slaughter cows 3.00 lower. Bulls 3.00 higher. Steers under 500 lbs 6.00 to 12.00 lower, over 500 lbs steady to 4.00 higher. Bulls 3.00 to 5.00 lower. Heifers steady to 4.00 lower. Supply included: 68% Feeder Cattle (15% Steers, 73% Heifers, 11% Bulls); 15% Slaughter Cattle (84% Cows, 16% Bulls); 17% Replacement Cattle (100% Bred Cows). Feeder cattle supply over 600 lbs was 7%.
  

Southeast

Senatobia Livestock Auction - Senatobia MS
Receipts     This week    235       Last Week    224
Compared to last week slaughter cows trended Steady. Slaughter bulls trended 3.00 to 5.00 Lower. Feeder steers trended 2.00 to 10.00 Lower. Feeder heifers trended 0.00 to 0.00 mixed. Feeder consisted of 55 percent steers and 45 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 64 percent over 600 lbs 14 percent. Total receipts were made up of 78 percent feeders, 19 percent slaughter cows and 3 percent Pairs/Replacements.
Cullman Stockyard - Cullman AL
                     This Week   Last Reported   Last Year
Total Receipts:   930              941                 0
Compared to last week: Slaughter cows and bulls sold steady to 2.00 lower. Feeder calves sold 6.00 to 8.00 lower. Replacement cows and pairs sold mostly steady. Supply included: 86% Feeder Cattle (34% Steers, 36% Heifers, 30% Bulls); 7% Slaughter Cattle (91% Cows, 9% Bulls); 7% Replacement Cattle (17% Stock Cows, 43% Bred Cows, 40% Cow-Calf Pairs). Feeder cattle supply over 600 lbs was 34%.
  

West

None Reported
  

Northeastern States

None Reported

 



 Upcoming Sales...